The project has been granted a hearing before the Planning Board on November 22nd. View the updated Special Permit Application and Graphic Submission in the Info section of this page.
Here are the details:
What: Planning Board Hearing
When: Tuesday, November 22, 2016 at 8:00pm
Where: 344 Broadway Street, 2nd Floor. Cambridge, MA
We hope to see you there!
If you're unable to attend but have a comment or question for the project team, please post it to the Comments section and we'll respond as soon as we can.
August 2nd Planning Board Meeting
• The Planning Board (PB) strongly urged our team to eliminate the existing curb cut and driveway access from Cambridge Park Drive and redirect all traffic to Steel Place for site ingress and egress.
- In response to this request, our team has eliminated the curb cut and driveway and relocated all access to and from the garage and loading to Steel Place.
• The PB requested that the existing Van Accessible spaces be relocated from the surface on the East side of the building.
- In response, the team relocated the two required Van Accessible spaces into the interior of the building on the east façade.
• The PB requested additional landscaped/pervious area as a result of removing the existing curb cut and relocating the accessible van spaces.
- The project team took this direction and incorporated additional landscaping and pervious area in the location of the existing driveway and Van Accessible parking.
• The PB also provided direction on the exterior design of the building.
- Our design team is in the process of making design revisions to address the PB’s concerns/comments.
We anticipate our next PB meeting will occur at the end of October. Once we finalize a hearing date, we will update the project schedule. We hope that you will be able to attend the next Planning Board meeting.
If you can't make it, you're welcome to comment or ask questions any time on the project page.
Conservation Commission Update-
On September 26th, we also met with the Conservation Commission to review our Notice of Intent. At the conclusion of our meeting, the Conservation Commission issued an Order of Conditions for the project.
35 CPD Team
We’re excited to announce that we have filed our Special Permit Application with the Planning Board and have been granted a hearing on August 2nd. You can view the application under the Information and Plans section.
Here are the details:
What: Special Permit Application Hearing
When: Tuesday, August 2, 2016 at 7:00 p.m.
Where: City Hall Annex, 344 Broadway, Second Floor Meeting Room, Cambridge, Massachusetts
We hope to see you there, but if you aren’t able to attend, we’ll post a recap of the meeting afterwards on this page.
As always, feel free to leave a comment, question, or idea in the Comments section and our project team will respond as soon as we can.
Thanks to those who were able to attend our Open House on May 18 at 35 Cambridge Park Drive to learn about our plans to renovate the existing building and add two additional floors.
We plan on filing our application for a Special Permit with the Planning Board in the next few weeks. As soon as we are assigned a hearing date we will post it on this site.
In the meantime, if you were unable to attend our Open House but want to learn more about our plans to transform this important corner across the street from the Alewife T station, please feel free to provide your comments and the project team will provide details.
Thank you for visiting our project information site. We're using this platform to help you easily find project plans, documents, and changes in the project status.
Follow the project to receive email notifications about new updates and visit the Community Forum to share your questions, comments, and ideas with us.