You the People…
As part of the next phase of our process, the City Manager search team is seeking volunteers to be part of the Initial Screening Committee. The Initial Screening Committee will be made up of Cambridge residents and stakeholders from a variety of community and professional backgrounds represented as follows:
- City Council members (4 members of City Council)
- Resident representatives who have demonstrated advocacy in support of community needs (3 Cambridge residents)
- Business related representatives with demonstrated partnership experience, ideally from a large and a small business (2 representatives)
- Representative from the Cambridge School Committee
- Public Safety representative - Police/Fire departments (1 CPD/CFD representative)
- Person with demonstrated knowledge of municipal finance (1 Finance representative)
- Health and Human Services/Public Health representative (1 Health/Human Service representative)
- Representative with knowledge of City Planning and Development - experience in urban design and transportation issues preferred (1 Planning/Development representative)
- Higher education/institutional partner (1 representative)
- Public art and/or recreational representative (1 representative)
- Affordable housing advocate (1 representative)
- Non-profit community representative (1 representative)
- Representative who advocates for the quality of our community’s civic and social wellbeing (1 representative)
Once formed, the Initial Screening Committee will meet to review applicant submission and interview candidates. Our consulting partner, Randi Frank LLC, will be available to arrange support to the Initial Screening Committee volunteers requiring assistance with language services (ESOL and/or ASL interpreting), interviewing skills, and/or limited financial assistance (small stipend).
All interested volunteers for the City Manager Initial Search Committee must be available in-person on ALL OF the following dates/times:
Wednesday, May 4, 2022: 9:00AM – 5:00PM
Thursday, May 12, 2022: 9:00AM – 5:00PM
Friday, May 13, 2022: 9:00AM – 5:00PM
HOW TO APPLY
Follow the link here to apply for the City Manager Initial Screening Committee. Applications will be accepted until 5:00PM on Thursday, March 31, 2022.
Our team is committed to having a broad representation of the community participating on this committee. If you or someone you know would be a good fit for the committee please apply OR share this update and link within your networks. If you have questions about the committee or how to apply, email Alanna Mallon, firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to meeting some of you in this next exciting, step in our process!