What's This All About?
Meet Downtown Brockton! You may know about its rich culture and history. You may have heard that it's flush with diverse communities and great opportunities. But here's one of the best kept secrets in Greater Boston: Downtown Brockton is FUN, easy to get to, and getting better every day!
BIG investments are being made in Downtown Brockton—and that has translated into brand new apartments, a top-notch art gallery, new sidewalks, and beautiful parks. More fun activities are being scheduled every day, like the Brockton Farmers Market, live concerts, and ice cream socials. We're just getting started, so come join us!
MassDevelopment's Transformative Development Initiative [TDI] is a statewise redevelopment program designed to enhance local public-private engagement and community identity; stimulate an improved quality of life for local residents; and spur increased investment and economic activity.
What's the Goal?
To build a strong, diverse, attractive downtown that can reclaim its role as anchor of the city and the Metro South region.
How Will We Achieve It?
• Attract new businesses and residents that contribute to the financial viability of the city
• Increase the vibrancy of downtown
• Attract a broader socio-economic mix of residents and businesses
• Arrive at the point of increasing property values—indicating that residents and businesses value being in downtown Brockton and are willing to pay for it
Who Are the Lead Local Partners?
• City of Brockton
• Brockton 21st Century Corporation
• Trinity Financial
• Brockton Redevelopment Authority
We're working with a wide variety of community stakeholders, ranging from artists and local... Read more...