MassDevelopment's Transformative Development Initiative (TDI) is a redevelopment program for Gateway Cities designed to enhance local public-private engagement and community identity; stimulate an improved quality of life for local residents; and spur increased investment and economic activity.
The Vision: To realize the full potential of the Downtown Lynn District as a vibrant work/live neighborhood for entrepreneurship, arts, culture, entertainment, and dining.
Focus Areas Include:
- Grow Existing and Attract New Small Businesses
- Activate and Improve Public Spaces
- Engage and Partner with Local Residents, Community Organizations, Businesses, and Municipal Agencies
- Connect with Anchor Institutions (Academic, Medical, Corporate...)
- Eliminate Vacant Storefronts
- Facilitate Development of Underutilized Properties, Particularly For Market-Rate Housing
The Lead Local Partners Include:
- The City of Lynn
- The Hall Companies
- Lynn Economic Development and Industrial Corporation (EDIC)
- Lynn Housing and Neighborhood Development (LHAND)
We hope you might be able to participate and we look forward to expanding our network of Downtown Business and Cultural District stakeholders who share our commitment to help Lynn realize its full potential through innovative and productive ways.
Get engaged and join our efforts to make Lynn a great place to live, work, play and create!