MARTA Five Points Station Transformation
What's in the Works
The platform level of the Five Points Station is in progress of rehabilitation with the following upgrades:
- New tile on floors and walls
- New wall cladding
- New public art installations
- New benches, trash receptacles, and decorative railings
- Restoration of the Eisenman Façade
- New LED lighting and ceiling systems
- Installation of new high-volume fans for improved air flow
MARTA’s project team on the Five Points Transformation has presented a preferred design concept reached with its partners at the City of Atlanta that would create a compelling new civic space and transit hub in Downtown Atlanta.
MARTA and the City began working on plans for the Five Points Transformation project in 2019 and the project team has since held hundreds of meetings with the general public, MARTA customers, surrounding property owners, and other community leaders. The challenge was establishing a site plan that would support MARTA long-term transit operations while balancing the many needs, activities, and future investment coming to the surrounding community.
The following principles were established to guide the design process.