Located in the heart of bustling Porter Square, Frost Terrace will provide long-term affordable and transit-oriented housing for families and individuals and will employ high quality design that complements the neighborhood, incorporates environmental sustainability, and promotes alternative transportation.
>> Share this project: courb.co/frost-terrace
- 100% affordable rental housing at 1791 Mass Ave and 1 & 2 Frost Terrace;
- 40 rental apartments, approximately 68% of the apartments will be two and three bedrooms for families;
- Rear houses at 1 and 2 Frost Terrace will be preserved and new shed dormers will be added (4 duplex apartments will be constructed in each house);
- Non-contributing additions to 1791 house will be removed and the historic house will be moved toward Mass Ave and the Lunder Arts Center to restore the site historic positioning along the Avenue (see historic photos in image gallery) (4 apartments will be constructed in the 1791 Mass Ave house).
- One new building will be constructed:
- New 4-5 story addition (45’-55’ depending on portion, with higher portion towards the Lunder Center) will be attached to the rear of the existing 1791 Mass Ave house (28 apartments), which will be served by an elevator;
- 3 accessible surface parking spaces;
- Sustainable design strategies will include LEED certification, installation of solar panels, stormwater management, preserving the site’s mature trees, and energy efficient equipment;
- Materials will be selected to match the original materials on the houses. The new structure will be contemporary but will be subtler and respect the historic houses and the adjacent buildings.
What’s Happening Next
Capstone Communities and Hope... Read more...