Progress and New Questions
Thanks to everyone who attended the Planning Board meeting last month. We received feedback on the building design and requests for additional information about changes to the green garage roof. We will be iterating on the designs to incorporate feedback and our team will present the latest work at the next meeting.
We’ve heard great ideas about the importance of affordable housing and what types of stores you want to see in Kendall, especially requests for a grocery store and restaurants. A few neighborhood updates:
- As part of this plan, 135 Broadway will have 20% affordable housing (80-85 units) and 5% middle income housing (20-25 units) exceeding the City’s affordability requirements
- A new Roche Brothers is being constructed at One Broadway and is scheduled to open Summer 2019
- Boston Properties is opening a Cava soon and Blue Bottle Coffee in Spring 2019 at 88 Ames Street
In the meantime, we posted new questions for the community in the comment section. We’re looking for your input on:
- Types of activities and programming for the green space
- The need for for-sale condominium housing
- Ideas for retail that is inviting to the community
Thanks for your feedback and please head to the comments section to continue sharing your input!