What's in the Works
The Sisters of Mercy have been engaged in an internal visioning process regarding the stewardship of our historic 40-acres campus in Burlingame. The purpose of this process is to ensure the long-term continuation of our mission and legacy, honor the natural environment of the campus, and continue to be a resource in the neighborhood.
What's Happening Next
An Existing Conditions Analysis has been completed for the campus. The results of this analysis combined with community input and financial assessments will guide us as we continue the planning process. The goals of this process continue to be:
- Create new, accessible housing to meet the current and long-term housing needs of the Sisters.
- Protect the legacy and advance the educational and spiritual ministries of the Sisters of Mercy.
- Address the future needs of Mercy High School Burlingame with an Athletic/Student Life Center.
- Protect and enhance the historic and “woodsy” character of the campus while keeping it available to the public.
- Explore the opportunity to assist in addressing the housing needs of the broader Burlingame community.