Construction Update: May 11th - May 25th
Street and Sidewalk Impacts
Wadsworth Street – Phase 1 Roadway Conditions Through Mid-May –
- The south side of Wadsworth Street from Memorial Drive to Amherst Street is open to one-way traffic during the day and two-way after 4:00PM or when there is no work occurring on the street. (W1)
- Access to Wadsworth Street from Main Street is closed to all traffic except construction vehicles. Please note that there will be no access from Memorial Drive up Wadsworth Street to the Sloan and Eastgate lots as this entrance is closed.
- A pedestrian walkway is in place.
- Bicycles are not allowed on the street, but may be walked on the shared walkway.
- Amherst Street remains one-way from Wadsworth toward Ames Street.
Amherst Street – Chilled water lines installation along the Amherst Street at the intersection of Carleton Street will continue for the next few months. (A1)
Hayward Street — Utility work will continue on the North side of Hayward Street and will have trucks entering and exiting onto Main Street. Concrete and steel operations will also periodically stage from this area. These activities will continue until further notice. (A2)
General Construction Update
The slurry wall continues to be chipped down around site 3 and site 5. This work can create noise and vibration in the area directly next to the work. The work areas will move frequently, so any disruptions should be limited to a day or two.
Steel Installation for Site 4 Garage and Building will continue. Steel will be delivered to the site via Amherst Street to Carleton Street.
Work continues on the Kendall Garage behind 290-292 Main (E38-E39) and 238 Main (E48). This includes:
- Concrete deck placements will take place at the Site 4 Garage.
- Construction of the future auto ramp will continue.
Trucking for Site 5 will continue, as well as:
- Daily deliveries of steel and concrete via Amherst Street to Carleton Street.
- Daily trucking to remove material from the site Amherst Street to Carleton Street.
Trucking for Site 3 will continue, as well as:
- Daily trucking to remove material from the site Wadsworth Street to Amherst Street.
- Daily Concrete operation from Hayward Street.
E38 interior and exterior renovation activities will continue, and will be serviced from Gate 11 (Between T and E38) and Gate 7 (Carleton Street).
E39 Slab on deck installation has started and is being serviced from Gate 7 (Carleton Street), and Gate 1 on Main Street. Finishing of the concrete slab will require extended site hours on days of placements.
Police details will be utilized throughout the project area to assist with pedestrian and vehicular traffic.
Large equipment will be removed and brought back to the site daily. This activity may occur after hours but no disruptions are expected.
Saturday Work – General construction activities will continue on Saturdays. Work will occur within the City of Cambridge allowable work hours, 9:00 am to 6:00 pm.