Construction Update - July 6th - July 20th
Street and Sidewalk Impacts
Wadsworth Street – Phase 2 Roadway Conditions Through August 2018
- The south section of Wadsworth Street from Memorial Drive to Amherst Street is open to one-way traffic during the day and two-way after 4:00PM or when there is no work occurring on the street. (W1)
- Access to Wadsworth Street from Main Street is closed to all traffic. (W2) The Sloan and Eastgate lot entrance is closed at Wadsworth Street through this phase.
- A crane and other construction vehicles will continue to be set up and operate in this area.
- Walkways will be maintained and located as required around construction work zones.
- Bicycles may be walked on the shared walkway.
Amherst Street – The final section of steam pipe will begin to be installed the week of July 9th, and this activity is anticipated to run through the month of July and will cross Amherst Street between Ames Street and Carleton Street. Installation of chilled water lines along Amherst Street will continue for the next few months. Work is progressing toward Hayward Street. (A1)
- The existing sewer will be lined on 2nd shift from 3:00 pm to 7:00 pm on Monday, July 16th. Expect some noise, minor odors and equipment between Hayward and Wadsworth streets and at the intersection with Wadsworth.
- Use caution traversing Amherst Street, especially with a new work zone and numerous large construction vehicles coming and going to gates and zones.
- Amherst Street remains one-way from Wadsworth Street toward Ames Street. Only police directed construction vehicles will have two-way access from Ames Street.
Hayward Street — Utility work will continue on the north side of Hayward Street and will have trucks entering and exiting onto Main Street. Concrete and steel operations will also periodically stage from this area. (A2) Utility work on the south side of Hayward Street is ongoing. Trucking access will be via Ames Street and Amherst Street.
Charlotte’s Way — There will be periodic closures of Charlotte’s Way walkway between Carleton and Dock streets until the completion of the sidewalk relocation closer to E-25. Unless otherwise notified, pedestrians will continue to use the existing walkway until the new walkway is completed. (A3)
General Construction Update
- Construction of the future auto ramp will continue.
- Steel installation will continue.
- Steel and concrete installation is underway and is being staged on Wadsworth Street
- Concrete deck placements will be from Hayward Street.
- E38 interior and exterior renovation activities will continue, and will be serviced from Gate 11 (Between T and E38).
- E39 slab on deck installation has started and is being serviced from Carleton Street, and on Main Street. Finishing of the concrete slab will require extended site hours on days of placements.
- Steel erection for the 5th and 6th floors has begun and is supported from Hayward Street (North).
- The first of three large concrete placements for the base slab will take place on a weekday beginning at 7:00 am and going through 9:00 pm after July 12th.
- Daily deliveries of steel and concrete via Amherst Street to Carleton Street.
- Daily trucking to remove material from the site Amherst Street to Carleton Street.
Police details will be utilized throughout the project area to assist with pedestrian and vehicular traffic.
Large equipment will be removed and brought back to the site daily. This activity may occur after hours but no disruptions are expected.
Saturday Work – General construction activities will continue on Saturdays. Work will occur within the City of Cambridge allowable work hours, 9:00 am to 6:00 pm.