Construction Update November 9 - November 23
Street and Sidewalk Impacts
Wadsworth Street – Phase 2 Roadway Conditions through November 2018
- The south section of Wadsworth Street from Memorial Drive to Amherst Street will be open to one-way traffic for the next 2-4 weeks, as there will be a construction crew restoring the sidewalk and landscaping next to E51, where sections of sidewalk are closed. (W1)
- Construction vehicles and equipment will continue to be set up and operate in this area.
- Walkways will be maintained and located as required around construction work zones.
- Bicycles must be walked on the shared walkway.
- Access to Wadsworth Street from Main Street is closed to all traffic. (W2) The Sloan and Eastgate lot entrance is closed at Wadsworth Street through this phase.
- Construction access at Gate 1 will become a major access point into the project for excavation and concrete
- Installation of chilled water lines along Amherst Street is complete. Testing and flushing of the new chilled water pipes has begun. One access trench is in front of E2. (A1)
- Amherst Street remains one-way from Wadsworth Street toward Ames Street. Only police directed construction vehicles will have two-way access from Ames Street.
General Construction Update
- Excavation will continue, with trucking in and out, from both ends of Hayward Street and Carleton Street,
- Reinforcement steel and concrete operations will continue in and out of Gates 1,4,5, 6, and 7 at Amherst, Hayward, Carleton, and Main Streets.
- Finishing of concrete underground will require extended site hours on days of placements.
- The building’s concrete core construction work is ongoing.
- Reinforcement steel and concrete operations will continue in and out of Hayward Street.
- Excavation will continue using Amherst Street.
- E38 interior and exterior renovation activities will continue and will be serviced from Gate 11 (Between the T and E38).
- E39 slab on deck installation has started and is being serviced from Carleton Street and Hayward Street. Finishing of the concrete slab will require extended site hours on days of placements.
- Concrete for the 10th floor south and 11th floor north is in progress and is supported from Carleton Street and Hayward Street.
- Installation of the material and personnel hoist has begun on the south side of the site.
- Installation of Mega Panels has begun and is currently taking place on 2nd shift, (6:00 pm – 12:00 pm) and will proceed through this week.
- Tower screen wall installation will begin shortly
- We are anticipating the tower crane will jump vertically, either the last week of November or the 1st weekend in December.
- The building’s concrete core construction is underway, rising up beyond the 9th floor, and is being staged on Carleton Street and Charlottes Way.
- Daily deliveries of steel and concrete and removal of materials will take place from Amherst Street to Carleton Street or in and out through two Main Street gates.
Police details will be utilized throughout the project area to assist with pedestrian and vehicular traffic.
Large equipment will be removed and brought back to the site daily. This activity may occur after hours but no disruptions are expected.
Saturday Work – General construction activities will continue on Saturdays. Work will occur within the City of Cambridge allowable work hours, 9:00 am to 6:00 pm.