Construction Update November 23 - December 7
Street and Sidewalk Impacts
Wadsworth Street – Phase 2 Roadway Conditions through November 2018
- At the south section of Wadsworth Street from Memorial Drive to Amherst Street the sidewalk restoration is complete. There will be periodic one lane closures during the day for miscellaneous asphalt patching over the next week, weather permitting.
- Construction vehicles and equipment will continue to be set up and operate in this area. The noisiest work will come from the intermittent use of vacuum trucks.
- Walkways will be maintained and located as required around construction work zones.
- Bicycles must be walked on the shared walkway.
- The walkway onto Wadsworth Street from Main Street has shifted to the West side of Wadsworth Street, and then crosses diagonally to the East side as the construction work zone is progressing North towards Main Street.
- Access to Wadsworth Street from Main Street is closed to all traffic. (W1) The Sloan and Eastgate lot entrance is closed at Wadsworth Street through this phase.
- Construction access at Gate 1 will become a major access point into the project for excavation and concrete
- Installation of a new Eversource gas pipe will take place between 100 Memorial and E51.
- Testing and flushing of the new chilled water pipes has begun. One access trench is in front of E2, where a vacuum truck may be in use. (A1)
- Amherst Street remains one-way from Wadsworth Street toward Ames Street. Only police directed construction vehicles will have two-way access from Ames Street.
General Construction Update
- Excavation will continue, with trucking in and out, from both ends of Hayward Street and Carleton Street,
- Reinforcement steel and concrete operations will continue in and out of Gates 1,4,5, 6, and 7 at Amherst, Hayward, Carleton, and Main Streets.
- Finishing of concrete underground will require extended site hours on days of placements.
- The building’s concrete core construction work is ongoing.
- Reinforcement steel and concrete operations will continue in and out of Hayward Street.
- Excavation will continue using Main Street and Amherst Street.
- E38 interior and exterior renovation activities will continue and will be serviced from Gate 11 (Between the MBTA and E38).
- E39 slab on deck installation has started and is being serviced from Carleton Street and Hayward Street. Finishing of the concrete slab will require extended site hours on days of placements.
- Concrete for the 11th floor south and 12th floor north is in progress and is supported from Carleton Street and Hayward Street.
- Installation of the material and personnel hoist is ongoing on the south side of the site.
- Tower screen wall installation will began and is anticipated to be completed in a few weeks.
- We are in the process of coordinating the tower crane jump. This is currently targeted for the first or second weekend in December.
- The building’s concrete core construction is underway, rising up beyond the 13th floor, and is being staged on Carleton Street and Charlottes Way.
- Daily deliveries of steel and concrete and removal of materials will take place from Amherst Street to Carleton Street or in and out through two Main Street gates.
Police details will be utilized throughout the project area to assist with pedestrian and vehicular traffic.
Large equipment will be removed and brought back to the site daily. This activity may occur after hours but no disruptions are expected.
Saturday Work – General construction activities will continue on Saturdays. Work will occur within the City of Cambridge allowable work hours, 9:00 am to 6:00 pm.