Construction Update December 21 - January 4
Street and Sidewalk Impacts
Wadsworth Street – Phase 2 Roadway Conditions through January 2019
- Access to Wadsworth Street from Main Street is closed to all traffic. (W1) The Sloan and Eastgate lot entrance is closed at Wadsworth Street through this phase.
- Construction vehicles and equipment will continue to be set up and operate in this area. The noisiest work will come from the intermittent use of vacuum trucks.
- Walkways will be maintained and located as required around construction work zones.
- Bicycles must be walked on the shared walkway.
- The walkway onto Wadsworth Street from Main Street has shifted to the West side of Wadsworth Street, and then crosses diagonally to the East side as the construction work zone is progressing North towards Main Street.
- At the south section of Wadsworth Street from Memorial Drive to Amherst Street the sidewalk restoration is complete. (W2)
- Construction access at Gate 1 continues to be a major access point into the project for excavation and concrete
- Testing and flushing of the new chilled water pipes is ongoing. One access trench is in front of E2, where a vacuum truck may be in use. (A1)
- Eversource Electric will periodically be pulling cable at manholes. (A2)
- Installation of a new Eversource gas pipe will take place between 100 Memorial and E51. (A3)
- Amherst Street remains one-way from Wadsworth Street toward Ames Street. Only police directed construction vehicles will have two-way access from Ames Street.
General Construction Update
- Excavation continues with trucking at Main, Hayward and Carleton Streets.
- Reinforcement steel and concrete operations will continue in and out of Gates 1,4,5, 6, and 7 at Amherst, Hayward, Carleton, and Main Streets.
- Finishing of concrete underground will require extended site hours on days of placements.
- The building’s concrete core and the garage’s auto ramp construction work is ongoing.
- Reinforcement steel and concrete operations will continue in and out of Hayward Street.
- Excavation will continue using Main, Amherst and Carleton Streets.
- E38 interior and exterior renovation activities will continue and will be serviced from Gate 11 (Between the MBTA and E38).
- E39 slab on deck installation has started and is being serviced from Carleton Street and Hayward Street. Finishing of the concrete slab will require extended site hours on days of placements.
- Concrete for the 14th floor south and 15th floor north is in progress and is supported from Carleton Street and Hayward Street.
- Mega panel installation will begin on Wednesday, January 2nd, and the work will take place on 2nd shift from 6:00 PM to midnight.
- The building’s concrete core construction is complete to the 19th floor, and is being staged on Carleton Street and Charlottes Way.
- Daily deliveries of steel and concrete and removal of materials will take place from Amherst Street to Carleton Street or in and out through two Main Street gates.
- Steel is rising beyond the third floor.
Police details will be utilized throughout the project area to assist with pedestrian and vehicular traffic.
Large equipment will be removed and brought back to the site daily. This activity may occur after hours but no disruptions are expected.
Saturday Work – General construction activities will continue on Saturdays. Work will occur within the City of Cambridge allowable work hours, 9:00 am to 6:00 pm.