Construction Update March 15 - March 29
Street and Sidewalk Impacts
Wadsworth Street – Phase 2 Roadway Conditions into March 2019
- Access to Wadsworth Street from Main Street is closed to all traffic. (W1) The Sloan and Eastgate lot entrance is closed at Wadsworth Street through this phase.
- Construction vehicles and equipment will continue to be set up and operate in this area and at the intersection with Amherst Street.
- The noisiest work will come from the intermittent use of vacuum trucks.
- Sanitary pipe installation continues near Main Street.
- Walkways will be maintained and located as required around construction work zones.
- Bicycles must be walked on the shared walkway.
- The walkway onto Wadsworth Street from Main Street has shifted to the West side of Wadsworth Street, and then crosses diagonally to the East side as the construction work zone is progressing North towards Main Street.
- Construction access at Gate 1, located on Hayward Street off Main Street, continues to be a major entrance into the project for excavation and concrete
- Pedestrians will be directed across to the Google side of the street between the MBTA headhouse and Dock Street at the Kendall Hotel as crews restore the covered pedestrian walkway. This work will continue on Saturday and Sunday, March 16th and 17th. Eversource crews are finishing installing a new gas line in that area. Bike traffic will use the full lane during this time. (M1)
- Installation of a new Eversource gas pipe is complete. Eversource gas connections to the new pipe from the existing pipe continue. (A1)
- Amherst Street remains one-way from Wadsworth Street toward Ames Street. Only police directed construction vehicles will have two-way access from Ames Street.
- Hayward Street, from Main Street to Amherst Street, remains closed for vehicle and pedestrian traffic.
General Construction Update
- Reinforcement steel, concrete operations, and excavation will continue with trucking in and out of Gates 1,4,5,6, and 7 at Amherst, Hayward, Carleton, and Main Streets.
- Finishing of concrete underground will require extended hours on days of placements.
- Reinforcement steel, concrete operations and excavation will continue with trucking in and out of Gates 1,4,5, 6, and 7 at Amherst, Hayward, Carleton, and Main Streets.
- E38 interior and exterior renovation activities will continue and will be serviced from Gate 11 (Between the MBTA and E38).
- E39 slab on deck installation has started and is being serviced from Carleton Street and Hayward Street. Finishing of the concrete slab will require extended site hours on days of placements.
- Concrete for the 25th floor south and 26th floor north is in progress and is supported from Carleton Street and Hayward Street.
- Mega panel installation continues on 2nd shift, from 6:00 PM to midnight.
- The building’s concrete core construction is complete to the 19th floor.
- Daily deliveries of steel and concrete and removal of materials will take place from Amherst Street to Carleton Street or in and out through two Main Street gates.
- Steel installation continues up to the 15th floor.
Police details will be utilized throughout the project area to assist with pedestrian and vehicular traffic.
Large equipment will be removed and brought back to the site daily. This activity may occur after hours but no disruptions are expected.
Saturday Work – General construction activities will continue on Saturdays. Work will occur within the City of Cambridge allowable work hours, 9:00 am to 6:00 pm