Construction Update April 12 - April 26
Street and Sidewalk Impacts
Wadsworth Street – Phase 2 Roadway Conditions through April 2019
- Access to Wadsworth Street from Main Street is closed to all traffic. (W1) The Sloan and Eastgate lot entrance is closed at Wadsworth Street through this phase.
- Construction vehicles and equipment will continue to be set up and operate in this area and at the intersection with Amherst Street.
- The noisiest work will come from the intermittent use of vacuum trucks.
- Telcom installation continues near Main Street. Sanitary work is completed
- Walkways will be maintained and located as required around construction work zones.
- Bicycles must be walked on the shared walkway.
- Eversource Gas work is moving north towards Main Street. Crews will remove the jersey/wall barriers to create the work zone moving from Amherst to Main and replace with chain link fencing.
- Work is expected to begin later this month on the full build of Wadsworth Street from Memorial Drive onto Amherst Street. A travel lane will remain open for most of the reconstruction. Some pedestrian shifts will take place.
- Construction access at Gate 1, located on Hayward Street off Main Street, continues to be a major entrance into the project for excavation and concrete
- Installation of a new Eversource gas pipe is complete. Eversource gas connections to the new pipe are being completed. (A1)
- Amherst Street remains one-way from Wadsworth Street toward Ames Street. Only police directed construction vehicles will have two-way access from Ames Street.
- Hayward Street, from Main Street to Amherst Street, remains closed for vehicle and pedestrian traffic.
General Construction Update
- Reinforcement steel, concrete operations, and excavation will continue with trucking in and out of Gates 1,4,5,6, and 7 at Amherst, Hayward, Carleton, and Main Streets.
- Finishing of concrete underground will require extended hours on days of placements.
- Reinforcement steel, concrete operations and excavation will continue with trucking in and out of Gates 1,4,5, 6, and 7 at Amherst, Hayward, Carleton, and Main Streets.
- E38 interior and exterior renovation activities will continue and will be serviced from Gate 11 (Between the MBTA and E38).
- E39 slab on deck installation has started and is being serviced from Carleton Street and Hayward Street. Finishing of the concrete slab will require extended site hours on days of placements.
- Concrete for the 30th floor is in progress and is supported from Carleton Street and Hayward Street.
- Mega panel installation continues on 2nd shift, from 6:00 PM to midnight.
- Daily deliveries of steel and concrete and removal of materials will take place from Amherst Street to Carleton Street or in and out through two Main Street gates.
- Steel installation continues up to the 19th floor.
Police details will be utilized throughout the project area to assist with pedestrian and vehicular traffic.
Large equipment will be removed and brought back to the site daily. This activity may occur after hours but no disruptions are expected.
Saturday Work – General construction activities will continue on Saturdays. Work will occur within the City of Cambridge allowable work hours, 9:00 am to 6:00 pm