We're creating a shared vision for Downtown Nashua's riverfront, and we want to hear from you! Throughout Spring of 2017, Nashua's Community Development Division is bringing together residents, elected officials, community organizations, and other government agencies to create a Riverfront Development Plan aimed at better coordinating all of the great work happening on the downtown waterfront.
>> Share this project: courb.co/nashua
What's the goal?
Establish a set of shared, community-sourced ideas which can be incorporated into the "Downtown Riverfront Development Plan" through this public outreach process. To help kick things off, Community Development and the project consultant have identified the following initial possible amenities:
- Invest in infrastructure add more cantilevered bridges, install lights, repair retaining walls, add water access.
- Create new opportunities for civic space through the preservation of greens on the water and developing events & programming that engage the community.
- Improve health by investing in neighborhood connections to Mine Falls Park.
- Support local arts in the neighborhood and incorporate local artists in the process.
- Expand the Riverfront through improvements to pathways which invite new users.
- Build new housing integrated with neighborhood amenities.
Over the next few weeks, city staff will hit the street to spread the word of this initiative and seek input from the public. Once that task is complete, the project consultant will get to work analyzing existing conditions, public input, and new opportunities in order to craft a vision... Read more...
Information & Plans
- Rendering: Renaissance Park
- Rendering: Millyard Tech Park
- Rendering: Front & Franklin St
- Rendering: Jackson Falls
- Concept Plan: The Millyard
- Concept Plan: Millyard
- Concept Plan: Jackson
- Riverfront Focus Areas
- Concept Plan: Front St
- Concept Plan: Amory St
- Concept Plan: Greeley & Cotton
- Concept Plan: Jackson Falls
- Concept Plan: Amory & Bridge
- Idea Diagram: The Millyard
- Idea Diagram: Greeley & Cotton
- Idea Diagram: Jackson Falls
- Idea Diagram: Amory & Bridge
- Early Ideas Diagram Boards
- Precedent Image Boards
- FEMA Map: Quad One
- FEMA Map: Quad Two
- FEMA Map: Quad Three
- FEMA Map: Quad Four
- Infrastructure Map: Quad One
- Infrastructure Map: Quad Two
- Infrastructure Map: Quad Three
- Infrastructure Map: Quad Four
- Environmental Analysis Boards
- Site Circulation Diagram
- Project Area Map
- City of Nashua Riverfront RFP