Construction Update - June 10th
Commodore Builders will be working Greenwood Industries up on the roof of Rogers A to install the permanent roofing materials for the building. Remington Steel will also be up on the roof at Rogers B working on detailing the screen wall steel to prepare for permanent roofing installation next week. There will also be some site prep occurring in the Rogers courtyard to prepare for the materials hoist that will be attached to the Rogers B portion of the building. All other work will occur within the building and according to the Saturday work hours.
Please see the two- week construction look ahead schedule for the week beginning: 6/13/22 at Charles Park in Cambridge, MA.
Week of 6/13/22 – 6/17/22
- Select Demo will continue to remove demolition debris utilizing the loading dock off of Rogers Street. This work will continue all week.
- Select Demo will remove demolition debris from the building using their telehandler (mini crane). The telehandler will reach up into the loading areas on each of the floors of the building and will remove debris into the dumpsters in the courtyard lay down area. This work will continue all week.
· Quinn Iron / Remmington Steel will continue to detail the structure steel at the Rogers penthouse.
· Manganaro Drywall will continue to receive deliveries of drywall framing and sheathing in the Rogers Courtyard. Installation of exterior sheathing will continue at the perimeter of the Rogers mechanical penthouse.
- Utility work will continue along the Charles portion of the building at Charles Park and Cambridgeside Place
- Greenwood Industries will continue to install the permanent roof on the Rogers portion of the building.
IMPORTANT NOTE: There is no ‘after hours’ work or Saturday work scheduled for this week as of the time of this notice. This is subject to change due to weather and scheduling needs.
Logistics / Impact:
- There will be increased truck traffic on Rogers Street with trucks accessing the loading dock and the courtyard lay down area for deliveries and dumpster swaps.
- There will be regular periods of traffic stoppage while trucks pull in and pull out of the site.
- The temporary gas fired heaters located around the building run to heat throughout the building as needed to keep the building sufficiently warm to prevent pipes from freezing.
Work will occur on site from 7:00am – 6:00pm (Per the City of Cambridge Construction noise ordinance). After hours work may occur if approved with a ‘off hours’ work permit.
Please see the attached link for more information regarding the City of Cambridge noise ordinance. Please scroll down to construction for the specific information relating to construction: https://www.cambridgema.gov/services/noiseordinanceinformation
Upcoming Work: (Week Of 06/20/22)
· Demolition debris removal – continued from week of 6/13
· Steel deliveries - continued from week of 6/13
· Drywall framing and sheathing deliveries - continued from week of 6/13
· Installation of roofing materials up on the Rogers portion of the building - continued from the week of 6/13
Outside Contractors / City of Cambridge Work:
Please note that outside contractors such as Eversource, National Grid, Comcast, Verizon, the City of Cambridge, etc. will require access to their infrastructure in and around the area of Charles Park. We are not always privy to this work, nor do we control this work, but we will do our best to coordinate our work the best we can with the work that is going on in the neighborhood.
Please note that outside delivery services such as UPS, FedEx, Amazon, Uber, Lyft, Grub Hub, Door Dash, trash services, etc. will continue to make their deliveries to the area surrounding Charles Park. We do not control those providers, but we hope that they will respect the construction control (barriers and signage) along Rogers Street. If not, they will be reported to the City of Cambridge.