Construction Update - July 8th
Commodore Builders will have a crew on site cleaning the interior and exterior of the building. Work will also be occurring in the mechanical penthouse of the Rogers portion of the building. All work will comply with the City of Cambridge noise ordinance for construction.
Please see the two- week construction look ahead schedule for the week beginning: 7/11/22 at Charles Park in Cambridge, MA.
Week of 7/11/22 – 7/15/22
- Utility work will begin along First Street with a new sewer connection. The Charles Park portion of the sidewalk will be closed from Rogers Street to Cambridgeside Place. There will also be an interruption to the bike lane as the sewer connection will be made under the roadway in First Street. Signage will be installed around the work area and steel road plates will be in place after hours to cover the excavation. Please use the crosswalks in the adjacent areas to navigate the work area. This work will be occurring all week.
- Select Demo will continue to remove demolition debris utilizing the loading dock off of Rogers Street. This work will continue all week.
- Select Demo will remove demolition debris from the building using their telehandler (mini crane). The telehandler will reach up into the loading areas on each of the floors of the building and will remove debris into the dumpsters in the courtyard lay down area. This work will continue all week.
· Manganaro Drywall will continue to receive deliveries of drywall framing and sheathing in the Rogers Courtyard. Installation of exterior sheathing will continue at the perimeter of the Rogers mechanical penthouse.
- Deliveries will continue into the Rogers Courtyard to continue to load the building with materials
- IMPORTANT NOTE: On Saturday July 16th a crane pick will occur on First Street. During this time First Street will be closed from Rogers Street to Cambridgeside Place. Police details and signage will be installed to alter pedestrians and vehicles of the road closure. All other side street will still remain open for use. This crane pick will occur in the morning and once the crane pick is complete, the crane will be dismantled and removed from site and the roadway will reopen.
IMPORTANT NOTE: There is no ‘after hours’ work or Saturday work scheduled for this week as of the time of this notice. This is subject to change due to weather and scheduling needs.
Logistics / Impact:
- There will be increased truck traffic on Rogers Street with trucks accessing the loading dock and the courtyard lay down area for deliveries and dumpster swaps.
- There will be regular periods of traffic stoppage while trucks pull in and pull out of the site.
- The temporary gas fired heaters located around the building run to heat throughout the building as needed to keep the building sufficiently warm to prevent pipes from freezing.
Work will occur on site from 7:00am – 6:00pm (Per the City of Cambridge Construction noise ordinance). After hours work may occur if approved with a ‘off hours’ work permit.
Please see the attached link for more information regarding the City of Cambridge noise ordinance. Please scroll down to construction for the specific information relating to construction: https://www.cambridgema.gov/services/noiseordinanceinformation
Upcoming Work: (Week Of 07/18/22)
· Demolition debris removal – continued from week of 7/11
· Steel deliveries - continued from week of 7/11
· Drywall framing and sheathing deliveries - continued from week of 7/11
Outside Contractors / City of Cambridge Work:
Please note that outside contractors such as Eversource, National Grid, Comcast, Verizon, the City of Cambridge, etc. will require access to their infrastructure in and around the area of Charles Park. We are not always privy to this work, nor do we control this work, but we will do our best to coordinate our work the best we can with the work that is going on in the neighborhood.
Please note that outside delivery services such as UPS, FedEx, Amazon, Uber, Lyft, Grub Hub, Door Dash, trash services, etc. will continue to make their deliveries to the area surrounding Charles Park. We do not control those providers, but we hope that they will respect the construction control (barriers and signage) along Rogers Street. If not, they will be reported to the City of Cambridge.