Construction Update 9/4/22
No work on site.
Please see the two- week construction look ahead schedule for the week beginning: 9/5/22 at Charles Park in Cambridge, MA.
Week of 9/5/22 – 9/9/22
- IMPORATANT NOTE: There will be no work on site on Monday due to the Labor Day holiday.
- Select Demo will continue to remove demolition debris utilizing the loading dock off of Rogers Street. This work will continue all week.
· Manganaro Drywall will continue to receive deliveries of drywall framing and sheathing in the Rogers Courtyard.
· Bass Architectural Metals will continue to install metal panel at the exterior walls of the Mechanical Penthouse at the rogers portion of the building.
- TG Gallagher will continue to receive deliveries of pipe and mechanical equipment through the Rogers Courtyard.
- On Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday, there will be a crane setup in the Rogers courtyard to start bringing up mechanical and HVAC equipment up to the penthouse and roof of the Rogers Building. This crane will site in place overnight, and the crane will be stowed with its boom retracted for the night. The mechanical and HVAC equipment will arrive on flatbed trucks and they will be backed into the site. Please Note: This work will occur on Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays for the next couple of weeks.
- All other deliveries will continue into the Rogers Courtyard to continue to load the building with materials
Logistics / Impact:
- There will be increased truck traffic on Rogers Street with trucks accessing the loading dock and the courtyard lay down area for deliveries and dumpster swaps.
- There will be regular periods of traffic stoppage while trucks pull in and pull out of the site.
Work will occur on site from 7:00am – 6:00pm (Per the City of Cambridge Construction noise ordinance). After hours work may occur if approved with a ‘off hours’ work permit.
Please see the attached link for more information regarding the City of Cambridge noise ordinance. Please scroll down to construction for the specific information relating to construction: https://www.cambridgema.gov/services/noiseordinanceinformation
Upcoming Work: (Week Of 09/12/22)
· Demolition debris removal – continued from week of 9/5
· Steel deliveries - continued from week of 9/5
· Drywall framing and sheathing deliveries - continued from week of 9/5
· Mechanical pipe deliveries - continued from week of 9/5
Outside Contractors / City of Cambridge Work:
Please note that outside contractors such as Eversource, National Grid, Comcast, Verizon, the City of Cambridge, etc. will require access to their infrastructure in and around the area of Charles Park. We are not always privy to this work, nor do we control this work, but we will do our best to coordinate our work the best we can with the work that is going on in the neighborhood.
Please note that outside delivery services such as UPS, FedEx, Amazon, Uber, Lyft, Grub Hub, Door Dash, trash services, etc. will continue to make their deliveries to the area surrounding Charles Park. We do not control those providers, but we hope that they will respect the construction control (barriers and signage) along Rogers Street. If not, they will be reported to the City of Cambridge.