Charles Park Weekly Construction Update For Week Beginning: 9/12/22
Greenwood Industries will be working on the Charles Roof. East Coast Fireproofing will be fireproofing inside of the building. General cleanup will occur on all levels of the building. All work will occur according to the City of Cambridge noise ordinance for construction.
UPDATE: For tomorrow (9/10) Eversource Gas will be on site to complete the gas tie in to the Rogers Building. This work will occur within the City of Cambridge noise ordinance for construction and the travel lane on Rogers Street will be maintained during this work.
Important Note: The large crane that has been setup in the Rogers Courtyard will remain in the courtyard over the weekend. It will remain onsite with the boom of the crane in the stowed position. The use of the crane will resume on Monday 9/12.
Please see the two- week construction look ahead schedule for the week beginning: 9/12/22 at Charles Park in Cambridge, MA.
Week of 9/12/22 – 9/16/22
- Select Demo will continue to remove demolition debris utilizing the loading dock off of Rogers Street. This work will continue all week.
· Manganaro Drywall will continue to receive deliveries of drywall framing and sheathing in the Rogers Courtyard.
· Bass Architectural Metals will continue to install metal panel at the exterior walls of the Mechanical Penthouse at the rogers portion of the building.
- TG Gallagher will continue to receive deliveries of pipe and mechanical equipment through the Rogers Courtyard.
- On Monday the use of the large crane that is currently in the Rogers Courtyard will resume. This crane will be broken down and removed from the site on Tuesday in preparation for a larger crane to be brought in for the hoisting of other mechanical equipment. Both Monday and Tuesday will be longer days and work will continue past 3:30pm, but not past 6:00pm. (See below for more information about the crane on Rogers Street...)
- On Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday, there will be a larger crane setup on Rogers Street. Important Note: Previous communications stated that Rogers Street would need to close from the Entrance to Rivercourt to First Street. This is not the case anymore. The crane will sit in the current construction zone in front of the Loading Dock at Charles Park, and this will allow for the current travel lane down Rogers Street to remain in operation during this work. There will be additional truck traffic as the flat bed trailers are backed into the Rogers Courtyard with the HVAC equipment that will be hoisted to the roof.
- Also on Wednesday, there will be a crane setup on Cambridgeside Place over by the mall. This crane will be removing roofing material from the roof of the Charles building.
- All other deliveries will continue into the Rogers Courtyard to continue to load the building with materials
Logistics / Impact:
- There will be increased truck traffic on Rogers Street with trucks accessing the loading dock and the courtyard lay down area for deliveries and dumpster swaps.
- There will be regular periods of traffic stoppage while trucks pull in and pull out of the site.
Work will occur on site from 7:00am – 6:00pm (Per the City of Cambridge Construction noise ordinance). After hours work may occur if approved with a ‘off hours’ work permit.
Please see the attached link for more information regarding the City of Cambridge noise ordinance. Please scroll down to construction for the specific information relating to construction: https://www.cambridgema.gov/services/noiseordinanceinformation
Upcoming Work: (Week Of 09/19/22)
· Demolition debris removal – continued from week of 9/12
· Steel deliveries - continued from week of 9/12
· Drywall framing and sheathing deliveries - continued from week of 9/12
· Mechanical pipe deliveries - continued from week of 9/12
· Crane Picks at the Rogers Courtyard and Cambridgeside Place - continued from week of 9/12
Outside Contractors / City of Cambridge Work:
Please note that outside contractors such as Eversource, National Grid, Comcast, Verizon, the City of Cambridge, etc. will require access to their infrastructure in and around the area of Charles Park. We are not always privy to this work, nor do we control this work, but we will do our best to coordinate our work the best we can with the work that is going on in the neighborhood.
Please note that outside delivery services such as UPS, FedEx, Amazon, Uber, Lyft, Grub Hub, Door Dash, trash services, etc. will continue to make their deliveries to the area surrounding Charles Park. We do not control those providers, but we hope that they will respect the construction control (barriers and signage) along Rogers Street. If not, they will be reported to the City of Cambridge.