Charles Park Weekly Construction Update For Week Beginning: 10/17/22
Worcester Air will have a crane in the Rogers Courtyard to hoist HVAC ductwork through roof openings above duct shafts.
Charles Services Carpenters will be on site to open and close the temporary roofing over the duct shafts for the activities described above.
Charles Services Laborers will be on site to clean up on the roof as well as perform a cleanup in the Rogers Courtyard.
Cox Engineering will be recieving a delivery of pipe and HVAC ductwork to the temporary loading dock and hoist.
All other work will occur inside of the building.
All work will be performed within the City of Cambridge noise ordinance.
Please see the two- week construction look ahead schedule for the week beginning: 10/17/22 at Charles Park in Cambridge, MA.
Week of 10/17/22 – 10/21/22
· Manganaro Drywall will continue to receive deliveries of drywall framing and sheathing in the Rogers Courtyard.
· Bass Architectural Metals will continue to install metal panel at the exterior walls of the Mechanical Penthouse at the rogers portion of the building.
- TG Gallagher will continue to receive deliveries of pipe and mechanical equipment through the Rogers Courtyard.
- Emmanouil Inc will continue to restore the landscaping on the Charles side of the Building within the site fencing.
- Greenwood Industries will continue roof installation at the Charles portion of the building.
- Greenwood Industries will be setting up a crane on Cambridgeside Place over by Cambridgeside on Friday to remove roofing debris from the Charles Roof.
- All other deliveries will continue into the Rogers Courtyard to continue to load the building with materials
Logistics / Impact:
- There will be increased truck traffic on Rogers Street with trucks accessing the loading dock and the courtyard lay down area for deliveries and dumpster swaps.
- There will be regular periods of traffic stoppage while trucks pull in and pull out of the site.
Work will occur on site from 7:00am – 6:00pm (Per the City of Cambridge Construction noise ordinance). After hours work may occur if approved with a ‘off hours’ work permit.
Please see the attached link for more information regarding the City of Cambridge noise ordinance. Please scroll down to construction for the specific information relating to construction: https://www.cambridgema.gov/services/noiseordinanceinformation
Upcoming Work: (Week Of 10/24/22)
· Steel deliveries - continued from week of 10/17
· Drywall framing and sheathing deliveries - continued from week of 10/17
· Mechanical pipe deliveries - continued from week of 10/17
· Crane Picks at the Rogers Courtyard and Cambridgeside Place - continued from week of 10/17
Outside Contractors / City of Cambridge Work:
Please note that outside contractors such as Eversource, National Grid, Comcast, Verizon, the City of Cambridge, etc. will require access to their infrastructure in and around the area of Charles Park. We are not always privy to this work, nor do we control this work, but we will do our best to coordinate our work the best we can with the work that is going on in the neighborhood.
Please note that outside delivery services such as UPS, FedEx, Amazon, Uber, Lyft, Grub Hub, Door Dash, trash services, etc. will continue to make their deliveries to the area surrounding Charles Park. We do not control those providers, but we hope that they will respect the construction control (barriers and signage) along Rogers Street. If not, they will be reported to the City of Cambridge.