Charles Park Weekly Construction Update For Week Beginning: 11/21/22
Greenwood Industries will be working up on the roof detailing roof penetrations. Cox Engineering will receive a pipe delivery at the temporary hoist. All other work will occur within the building.
Week of 11/21/22 – 11/25/22
· IMPORTANT NOTE: There will be no work on site on Thursday November 24th, 2022 due to the Thanksgiving Holiday. The site will be open the day after Thanksgiving and will operate as a normal day.
- Drywall deliveries will continue to be received at the Rogers Courtyard. These deliveries will be for multiple drywall contractors working in the building, both for the base building and tenant interiors projects.
- TG Gallagher / Cox Engineering / JC Canistraro will continue to receive deliveries of pipe and mechanical equipment through the Rogers Courtyard and temporary hoist.
- On Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday there will be a crane setup in the Rogers courtyard to hoist materials up to the roof and mechanical penthouse.
- All other deliveries will continue into the Rogers Courtyard and will be received at the temporary construction hoistway.
Logistics / Impact:
- There will be increased truck traffic on Rogers Street with trucks accessing the loading dock and the courtyard lay down area for deliveries and dumpster swaps.
- There will be regular periods of traffic stoppage while trucks pull in and pull out of the site.
Work will occur on site from 7:00am – 6:00pm (Per the City of Cambridge Construction noise ordinance). After hours work may occur if approved with a ‘off hours’ work permit.
Please see the attached link for more information regarding the City of Cambridge noise ordinance. Please scroll down to construction for the specific information relating to construction: https://www.cambridgema.gov/services/noiseordinanceinformation
Upcoming Work: (Week Of 11/28/22)
· Drywall framing and sheathing deliveries - continued from week of 11/21
· Mechanical pipe deliveries - continued from week of 11/21
· Crane Picks at the Rogers Courtyard - continued from week of 11/21
Outside Contractors / City of Cambridge Work:
Please note that outside contractors such as Eversource, National Grid, Comcast, Verizon, the City of Cambridge, etc. will require access to their infrastructure in and around the area of Charles Park. We are not always privy to this work, nor do we control this work, but we will do our best to coordinate our work the best we can with the work that is going on in the neighborhood.
Please note that outside delivery services such as UPS, FedEx, Amazon, Uber, Lyft, Grub Hub, Door Dash, trash services, etc. will continue to make their deliveries to the area surrounding Charles Park. We do not control those providers, but we hope that they will respect the construction control (barriers and signage) along Rogers Street. If not, they will be reported to the City of Cambridge.