We've begun! Here's what's next!
We've begun the 3-step community planning process to repurpose the Coast Guard neighborhood!
Last Sunday, about 140 community members attended the first Neighborhood Design gathering to see the Coast Guard property first-hand and hear plans for this new neighborhood. Were you unable to make it? Here’s two opportunities to catch what was said:
· Join Tuesday’s 7/20 Zoom Recap from 5:30 – 7:00pm to learn about the plans, and ask questions.
Register Here: Meeting Registration - Zoom
· Go to the FAQ’s on this site: Coast Guard Neighborhood Renewal Official Site | Point Reyes Station, CA - coUrbanize
This Sunday, 7/25 from 4:00 – 6:00pm is a special opportunity to participate in the design of this neighborhood’s next chapter. Join the conversation! Small focus-group discussions will help community members share ideas, and listen to one another – as architects take it all in to draft a site plan.
Conversations will be organized into three topic areas. Choose the one most interesting to you:
- What should the housing part of the neighborhood look and feel like for its future residents?
- What should the community-serving area of the neighborhood look and feel like, so that it supports community needs and is integrated with the town?
- What should the landscape and natural environment look and feel like, so that that sustainable, regenerative practices are incorporated, along with space for things like trails and community gardens?
Come and share your ideas! Come before 4pm to enjoy food & take a self-guided tour. Program begins at 4pm.
What comes after the gathering on Sunday, 7/25?
Architects will create site maps based on the community's input, and present them for further discussion on Saturday, 8/14, from 4:00 - 6:00pm. Stay tuned!