The Vision: This downtown Springfield district will be a vibrant center for the arts, entrepreneurship and dining.
Focus Areas Include:
- Make downtown a better place to live for all residents
- Grow existing and attract new small businesses
- Fill vacant storefronts & facilitate development of underutilized properties
- Activate... Read more...
Information & Plans
- HUD 108 Restaurant Loan Fund Summary
- Gateway City Data Feb 2016
- UMASS Stitching Downtown Together 2016
- TDI Planning Study Presentation to City Council June 21, 2016
- FutureCity 2026 Springfield Economic Development Strategy - Exectiv
- UMASS Design Studio - Reclaiming Marketplace 2016
- Rebuilding Renewal May 2016
- Community Stakeholder Comments Dec 2015
- Downtown Demographic & Market Analysis Dec 17, 2015
- MassDev Springfield TDI Stakeholder Presentation Dec 17, 2015
- New Springfield Video Released Nov 2015
- Springfield Profiled in Banker&Tradesman Oct 2015
- MassDev Designates 10 [TDI] Districts Across State in Dec 2014
- Utile Worthington Street Study August 2014
- UMASS Design Studio - Reconnecting the Riverfront 2014
- Redefining Northgate & Urban Renewal 2014
- UMASS- Revitalization of Lower Worthington St District 2013
- Downtown Residential Study Completed Sep 2013
- Medical District Study Complete March 2012
- Rebuild Springfield 2011
- UMASS Lyman St Art Intervention 2011
Send this project to a neighbor.
Copy & send the link:
coUrbanize believes there’s a better way to stay informed for those of us who can’t make every community meeting or peruse 300-page plans. Our goal is to grow better neighborhoods by connecting communities and developers in a way that’s simple and more productive.