Thank you to everyone who has joined this online community to provide your feedback! We have reviewed and analyzed your comments and are in the process of compiling everything we have learned into the Sustainability Action Agenda.
As we work on drafting this strategy, we have closed the map comments. We appreciate all your feedback to date on the map.
But don't worry!
We still want to hear from you. You can continue to provide your feedback on the comments page.
We can’t wait to hear from you and look forward to sharing what we've created together in the coming months.
Your Sustainability Ambassadors are making the rounds this month, and would love to come to one of your upcoming community meetings. There are two ways to get Ambassadors involved in your meetings:
Have an upcoming meeting before November 17th? Then invite an Ambassador to come share the draft Sustainability Action Agenda materials and have your voices heard. Ambassadors can spend around 15 minutes updating your group and hearing your thoughts. Email email@example.com with your group information and what district the group represents.
Interested in learning about home energy and water savings? Ambassadors will be running free home energy and water savings workshops now through January 2019. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if your organization is interested in hosting.
Plus - we've posted new questions! Take a moment to answer our new Community Questions about Free Resources, Staying Connected, and Trust.
Over the next 3 weeks, the Sustainability team will be back out in the community sharing new draft materials and hearing from you. Look for us in the following ways!
- Sustainability Ambassadors: Your District Sustainability Ambassadors are making the rounds and continuing the conversations in your communities.
- Survey Signs: Look around your neighborhood parks, recreation centers, and other locations for survey signs that enable you to text your response to the team.
- Focus Groups: The team will be meeting with small groups of residents to take a deep dive into the new materials. These Focus Groups aim to reach groups of Detroiters who haven't been involved in this process yet.
- Practitioner Workshops: A group of non-profit, community, academic, and industry leaders will be meeting to give the team feedback on draft materials.
- New coUrbanize Content: Visit coUrbanize often to look for new questions on the comments and map page. We are looking forward to your feedback!
Thank you to everyone who came out to see us at the Sustainability Community Series. If you missed them, don't worry, you can still tell us what you think! And, check out some photos from the events on the Info page.
So what now? We are busy at work reviewing all the feedback you sent us to create the Sustainability Action Agenda. Stay tuned for more and keep checking back here for updates and great conversations on the Comments page.
We want YOU to work with us on creating a sustainable Detroit!
Feel like hanging out with your neighborhood peeps, getting some snacks, listening to some local performers and shaping the future of your neighborhood with us? Then we have just the thing for you! Come join us at our Sustainability Community Series this August to help shape Detroit's first Sustainability Action Agenda:
8/18 IBEW - Saturday, 10:30 am - 1 pm (1358 Abbott St, Detroit, MI 48226) --> Register Here!
8/21 Gesu School - Tuesday, 5:30 pm - 8 pm (17139 Oak Dr, Detroit, MI 48221) --> Register Here!
8/25 Don Bosco Hall Community Resource Center - Saturday, 10:30 am to 1 pm (19321 W Chicago, Detroit, MI 48228) --> Register Here!
8/28 Samaritan Center - 5:30 pm to 8 pm (5555 Conner St #2210, Detroit, MI 48213) --> Register Here!
Thank you for all the insightful feedback you shared with us over the course of our first phase of engagement! Thanks to you we have accomplished so much:
- Collected over 1,500 surveys from all across Detroit, allowing us to hear what matters most to you.
- Joined you at over 100 existing events engaging with nearly 1,900 individuals and providing us insights into community priorities and the great ongoing efforts to make Detroit more sustainable.
See below for a glimpse at the survey results. Over the next month we will be reviewing what you told us to start drafting the Sustainability Action Agenda. In the meantime, keep the conversation going here on coUrbanize, look for more posted survey results, opportunities for input and feedback, and stay tuned for announcements of the dates for our town hall meetings!
I was so excited to see how many people came out to see the Official launch of the Sustainability Action Agenda last Thursday at Stoepel Park No. 1. Thanks to all the Sustainability Ambassadors, Commissioners, and Allies who came out to support the launch. Special thanks to B.Anthony Holley, Tommy Obioha, Brad Dick, Khalil Ligon, and Scott Benson for speaking about the past and future of sustainability in the city of Detroit. What a great day!
Great coverage in the Detroit News and Crain’s Detroit Business too.
Remind your friends and family to stay in the loop at courb.co/detroit or detroitmi.gov/sustainability.
Thanks for visiting! We're using this platform to help you follow and participate in the planning process to create Detroit's first Sustainability Action Agenda.
Click the Follow button to receive news via email, and add your ideas to the Map!