The quarter acre property at 14536 West Burbank Boulevard near the intersection of Burbank and Van Nuys Boulevard was approved in 2019 by the City of Los Angeles for 55 apartments for seniors experiencing homelessness. Mercy Housing California (MHC) has received all necessary financing and permits to move forward and officially began construction on May 13, 2021.
Seniors are among the most vulnerable in the homeless population and, sadly, the ranks of homeless seniors surged by 22% in 2019 even as the overall number of homeless in L.A. County dropped. We look forward to working with the community to deliver housing that addresses this pressing need.
Information & Plans
- About Mercy Housing
- Fact Sheet - English
- Hoja informativa
- информационный бюллетень
- Project Floor Plans and Elevations
- Hearing Examiner Hearing Presentation - July 16, 2019
- City Planning Commission Agenda - August 8, 2019
- Nov. '21 Construction Update
- Letter of Determination from City Planning Commission
- Feb. 2022 Construction Update
- August '21 Construction Update