The quarter acre property at 14534-14536 Burbank Boulevard near the intersection of Burbank and Van Nuys Boulevard was approved last year for 58 Eldercare apartments. Mercy Housing California (MHC) is exploring options to convert this use to accommodate seniors (62+) who have experienced homelessness and who are capable of living independently.
Seniors are among the most vulnerable in the homeless population and, sadly, the ranks of homeless seniors surged by 22% last year even as the overall number of homeless in L.A. County dropped. We look forward... Read more...
Know when new documents become available.
Information & Plans
- About Mercy Housing
- Individual Support Letter
- Organization Support Letter
- Fact Sheet - English
- Hoja Informativa - Español
- Meeting Presentation - February 4, 2019
- Meeting Presentation - April 24, 2019
- Meeting Presentation - May 13, 2019
- Hearing Examiner Hearing Presentation - July 16, 2019
- Mercy Housing Occupancy and Parking Data
- LA Daily News Article - April 22, 2019
- LA Daily News Article - May 14, 2019
- LA Daily News Article - July 17, 2019
- San Francisco Chronicle "Aging onto the Street" - March 8, 2019
- Supportive Housing - The Facts
- Inside Look at Senior Supportive Housing
- HCD Myths & Facts
- Property Values: See Property Values Section
- Approval from the City Planning Commission (CPC) of Los Angeles
- Costs of Construction
- City Planning Commission Agenda - August 8, 2019
Send this project to a neighbor.
Copy & send the link:
coUrbanize believes there’s a better way to stay informed for those of us who can’t make every community meeting or peruse 300-page plans. Our goal is to grow better neighborhoods by connecting communities and developers in a way that’s simple and more productive.